On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:41 PM, J.C. O'Connell wrote:

> you may want to consider the K28/3.5 version, its
> reputation is better than both m or a versions.

It was the fact that aperture can be controlled on the camera body in the A
series that attracted me. Perhaps I should be more concerned about quality of
images produce, but at this point I only have others' experience to draw on
regarding that.

I'm a bit unclear about K as a lens series versus K as a type of lens mount.
Until this thread I assumed all -- or almost all -- Pentax lenses were K
lenses. I gather now they are distinct classifications. However, as a reference
to a lens series, I think I have yet to encounter a K lens.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net