The Energizers in my wireless mouse (Mighty Mouse in Applespeak) died overnight. I looked in all the usual places in the house where new batteries might be hiding to no avail. I ran across a sealed package of Eneloops that I bought in the fall of 2008, the package that comes with a Sanyo charger, 8 AA Eneloops, 4 AAA Eneloops, and adaptors for C and D types.

"What the hell" I exclaimed. After all the talk about their shelf life I figured I'd give them a try and popped two in the mouse. Bazinga! Not even a low battery warning from the computer. I check the gauge level in preferences, it tells me 50% power. Considering they are only 1.2V batteries vs AA ratings of 1.5V, that's excellent! I'll let you know if they crap out later in the day or week.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

http://gallery.me.com/jomac