On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:25 AM, David Parsons <parsons.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, I certainly do extensive tagging as well.  I just like to have a
> folder structure as well as an organizational backup.

I didn't mean to say you didn't, or that it was the best solution for
you. Everyone has their own "best solution".

It's simply another way to use the keyword data permitting more
organizational structure, using the Smart Collection tool with the
keyword data presents options not possible with a file system
organizational structure alone. You can only organize the files
physically in a file system one way at a time unless you duplicate
them all over the place, which invites a lot of needless disk capacity
waste and confusion over what is the most recent edit ... using this
notion with Smart Collections allows multiple different ways to
organize the files while minimizing confusion and disk space
consumption.

Whatever allows you to get your work done in a manner that is
comfortable to you is always the best solution.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com