On 18/07/2010, Chris Mitchell <chris.mitch...@which.net> wrote:

> That's not a bookshop, that's the inside of Christine and Darrel's
> apartment!

LOL, I hope not Chris, Goulds looks more like a fire hazard than a
bookshop for the most part. ;-)

On 18/07/2010, Derby Chang <der...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hey, I was there on Saturday
>
> Yep, that is exactly what it looks like, since forever. There are books
> still in the photo aisle that I remember being there and on the same shelf
> when I was a student.

I tend to pop in whenever I'm in Newtown for a feed and it's
definitely a stop when you're pushing tourists about the place giving
them a taste of the city. I know what you mean about the same books
being there, I always look in my favourite spots, miracles do happen,
I just wonder what treasures are buried in those many unopened
cardboard boxes?

On 19/07/2010, paul stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Love this one. A unique application of your considerable pano skills.

Thanks Paul, it's really just documentary but cruising about in the
full resolution composite image really does tend to invoke a feeling
of being magically transported there.

On 19/07/2010, frank theriault <knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess just about every city has one of those (Elliot's here in
> Toronto comes to mind).
>
> I can just about smell the bookish/musty scent from here!
>
> ;-)
>
> Wonderful shot, very well executed.

Thanks Frank, I checked out Elliot's on-line, looks like an
interesting little shop to visit too. Goulds is musty and due to the
time that so many of the books have spent on the shelves and its
proximity to a pretty busy commuter thoroughfare (plus the large
roller shutter door) you can end up pretty filthy after browsing
through a few books.

On 19/07/2010, Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> I DID enjoy! ... what fun!

I wish there was some way to get you over here, you'd have a ball.

Cheers!

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours