On Jul 19, 2010, at 8:46 AM, P. J. Alling wrote:

Finally some rumors to stimulate discussion. Oh, hell who'm I kidding, old news really, just from a new source. The only thing I see as different is I expected a K-7 replacement. I think Pentax has been selling a lot of K-x cameras but not a lot of K-7 cameras. I expect the new, (K-5?), was originally slated to replace the K-7 and will when K-7 camera stocks are sold out. So I guess I'm predicting deep discounts on the K-7.

Remember, the K7 wasn't marketed as a K20 replacement either. "Replacements" aren't always a good marketing strategy. However, k20 production ceased long before the K7 hit the stores, and I suspect the same thing will happen this time.
Paul