On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2010, at 3:50 PM, Eric Weir wrote:
>
>> Anybody know where the Lightroom folder/app is on my machine?
>
> Following up on this, the Adobe Updater just asked if I wanted to update
> Adobe Camera Raw 4.6. I said yes. Then the Updater said it was "unable to
> locate the product to be updated." I take it the product to be updated was
> Lightroom 3.
>
> So not only can I not find it, neither can the Adobe Updater. Yet it's here
> somewhere. Gotta be. It runs.

If you installed Lightroom using the Adobe installer and without
changing the default setting, the Lightroom application will be in the
Mac OS X path
"/Applications/Adobe Lightroom 3.app"

Adobe Camera Raw is a plugin located in different places depending on
which version of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements you have installed.
It is not used by Lightroom at all. Lightroom's raw processing engine
is organized internally within the Lightroom application bundle and
only updated with updates to the Lightroom application.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com