On Jul 24, 2010, at 10:57 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:

That is a beautiful car! Well shot. I would prefer a less cluttered background but know you have no control over that. I am not among the auto cognoscenti, but believe I have seen elements of that front end (the grill shape in particular) on other cars since then. The Cobra? The rear "fins" remind me of the '58 Pontiac rear treatment, that subtle bump up from the main body panel to the top of the rear fender. I would be curious to know what those who understand Detroit design evolution have to say about this car's place in history. Was it a nice one-off, or did it in fact inspire subsequent designs?

stan

Beautiful picture-

The front of the car said "Avanti" to me. Which came first?

Cheers
Mike