A CLA might clear up the problems.

On 7/25/2010 1:11 PM, Toralf Lund wrote:
Folks,

I'm having a slight issue with an old, beat-up MX I bought for next to nothing a year or two ago (not sure if I told anyone here.) On the last film I shot with it, a large number of frames only came out as partially exposed. To show you what I'm talking about, I went ahead and scanned the entire film (well, I probably wanted digital versions of some pictures anyway.) Here is an "index file" produced during this process:

http://www.toralf.net/images/mxError.jpg

All images have the "natural" orientation of the film, and they are ordered according to frame no, and split into the same "strips" as the film itself.

As you can see, there is often data missing, always on the same side, but the amount varies. There are also a few "blanks", but this might of course be caused by something else entirely. I think I saw something like this earlier, too, but then there were only 2 or 3 incidents throughout the film.

So, what do you reckon? Is the shutter broken, or what? If it is, would it be worth fixing? Also, if the curtains stick or whatever, why not all the time? (Different exposure times?) Or alternatively, is there something else that might cause something like this? I mean, besides actually blocking parts of the lens, as surely I would have noticed that in the viewfinder.

- Toralf

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}