Does it turn on and recognize the SD card?  From what I've heard the most
serious traumatic injury to K10Ds and K20Ds is the connection breaking between
the main circuit board (fastened to the frame) and the SD card block (fastened
to the battery holder).  That injury is often fatal.

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW