On 07/28/2010 03:51 PM, Adam Maas wrote:
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Mark Roberts<m...@robertstech.com>  wrote:
Larry Colen wrote:

Other than the 28-75 not being wide enough, how do you like it? I'm so broke
I can't even afford to fantasize about buying lenses these days, but that's
the focal length range that I keep finding myself needing, and I will
grudgingly admit that a zoom lens can be more convenient that swapping
through a bag full of primes, especially when shooting action.

I have this lens in Alpha mount for my Sony A850. It's quite possibly
the most amazing value-for-money lens I've ever owned. Performs way
above its price range. Truly excellent.

I'ts a pretty good lens for what Sony charges (the Sony 28-75/2.8 SAM
and Konica Minolta 28-75/2.8 D are both rebadges of the Tamron), it's
a steal for what Tamron charges.

Maybe I'll have to ask for one for my birthday.

-Adam