On 7/28/2010 11:52 PM, Sam L wrote:
Anyway:  is there any way that you can verify if a jpeg file is
working correctly / not corrupt?  Is there a way to verify that your
"copy" operation was successful?

(I have no evidence that the copy operation is what corrupted my
files, so maybe I should just continue on with my copy operations and
trust that they are okay).

Your thoughts on this are appreciated!

Sam, I am using EMC Retrospect software that came as a bundle with the network attached disk drive that I used to have. As integral part of backup operation it offers a number of options for verification. I normally choose the simplest way - after backup it would simply read both source and destination files and compare them for sameness.

Additionally, after my network drive expired electronically, I went on using the same program with simple USB HDD. Works like a charm.

HTH

Boris