From: "Sam L"
Subject: Off topic again: Lightroom 2 "coloration" question form a friend

Here's another question for my PDML wizards.  It's from a friend and I
offered to forward the question here, in case anyone has encountered
this before..

"I was hoping i could find help with my "coloration" problem.

Somehow I must have changed some setting in my LR (2.7) such that the
pictures (CR2) all look quite a bit off in color in all 5 modes.  I
export them to JPG and open them in any other viewer such as Internet
Explorer and the colors look very different.  Somehow the LR rendering
is off from any other programs on the same computer.  This makes
tweaking pictures very difficult.

For kicks, I installed LR on my old laptop and looked at the same
RAW/CR2 files.  The coloration is very true and accurate both in LR2
and also in the exported JPG.  This convinces me that my LR2 on the
regular computer is truly messed up...

I tried uninstalling LR2, cleaning out the registry (windows),
deleting the whole application data folder, reinstalling, rebooting,
and creating a new catalog .  No help.  LR2 didn't even ask me for a
serial number.  Clearly it remembers the settings.

How can i truly and completely uninstall LR2 and start afresh?

Thank you so much,
Steven"

So the question is 2 parts:

1. Is there some global setting in LR that he could undo to fix the issue?
2.  How to do a full uninstall / reinstall to start fresh?

Thanks from Sam, too!

Have him check the files on a viewer that recognizes colour space (Firefox for example). Lightroom's default colourspace is Prophoto, and he is probably exposrting the files in that colourspace rather than sRGB, which is still about all that IE recognizes.

William Robb