Thanks, Stan & everyone else. The contact sheets have dried-down now for a few hours, and I had a look at them on my back porch in open shade, and they look less red than earlier, but I think I will decrease saturation just a tiny bit as suggested by Cotty and Stan. The client will get a total of 64 photos--I've already made my picks and cropped etc . I can use the sync tool to do the minor decrease in saturation--it will go quick. I just tried the eyedropper on a few and the result is too blue; I don't think the client will want it that blue.

Just a big thanks for this and all the earlier feedback. Cotty, I really had your earlier advice in my noodle when shooting, so big thanks there. Much appreciated. Ann, you were right about the actors. Charles, I requested the light guy hang around for last nights shoot (as you suggested) and got the ok from the director. Then last night when I asked for the lights to be turned up a bit as we were about to begin, the set design guy threw a fit, but I was able to get them up a bit anyway. Chris, I took notes and the director took notes--between the two of us we got good coverage of the play.

Amazingly, I never used the tripod. I just couldn't seem to make it work so that I could work fast. The director wanted the shoot done in an hour, and we were done in about 1 hour and 15 minutes. I just had to hold her steady, focus, and concentrate. I was absolutely soaked after the shoot--just drenched--mainly because I was so nervous--more about that under separate cover, as they say. Thanks again, everyone, Big cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Halpin" <s...@stans-photography.info>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2010 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: Theater Shoot--White Balance Check

I pulled hayfever_109 into LR3.0 and fiddled with the sliders a bit.
What looks right to me on my laptop would be very subtly different:
temp = -7 from original
exposure = + .10 from original
saturation = - 2 from original

I was going by flesh-tone appearance more than anything else, with secondary attention to the overall feel of the scene.

At first I played with the tint as well, -5 to -10 seemed to help, but dropping the saturation just a touch seemed to obviate the need for the change in tint.

Bottom line: for my money you are pretty much spot on. There will always be variation in appearance according to the color of the light under which any prints are viewed; I am not sure that this sort of subtle manipulation is really called for. But to double check you might try viewing your contact sheet outside under daylight conditions as well as indoors under artificial lighting. If you still think they look too warm or too red, then apply the (minor) general changes I and others have suggested.

BTW, I think you pulled this off quite nicely.

stan