I thught I had searced ebay pretty thoroughly with no luck, but searching again
did find an authentic Pentax M42-PK adapter for $29.50 w/shipping.  Tried an
off
brand on an older K mount camera and it is jammed, so felt I had to go with the
original Pentax adapter.

Tks to all.  Look forward to using one of the M42 Takumars I recently bought on
ebay.

Jerry