From: "P N Stenquist"
Subject: Re: Pentax to Release Mirrorless Camera? The Answer Might Be,  YES

Just wait till you try to capture some action with the EVF
Kenneth Waller

I dunno. Is it any greater problem than shutter lag is now?

--
When shooting in manual focus mode, shutter lag is almost imperceptible with DSLRs. I don't know if that's true of EVF cameras.

Shutter lag on modern SLRs is in the range of 40ms, IIRC, which is, as you say, almost imperceptible. Viewfinder lag on modern EVFs, while I don't have the numbers at hand, are noticeable and annoyingly long.

William Robb