Okay, maybe not "thousands", but that almost solid line just below the
trees is (believe it or not) a line of cormorants skimming across the
water:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/five-swans-and-thousands-of-cormorants.html

I've seen them skimming like that in the dozens, maybe even up to 50
or so, but never like that.  Any idea what they're up to when they do
that?  It looks like they're just doing it for the fun of it!

Not a great photo, I know.  I'm showing it more for the content (ie:
all them damn cormorants!) than the artistic value...

Hope you like.  Comments welcome.

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson