Brian Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Mark wrote: ". . . I decided to conduct my own "tooth counting" exercise."
>
>That's a cute story, and you can be commended for actually calculating the
>angles at which light projected from a point at the axis of the lens at the
>lens flange would strike the edge of a CCD, but your "tooth counting" would
>be more meaningful in the context of this discussion if wide angle lenses
>for each of the lens mounts actually projected light precisely from the
>plane of the lens flange.

Yeah, but due to the mirror it's close. Or at least the distance can't be much
less (if the distance were greater it wouldn't matter). I calculated for several
different film-plane-to-lens-flange distances and the angle doesn't vary much
until you get far out of the range of any existing SLR lens mount.

And actually, it wasn't fair to call my exercise a "counting of teeth" in the
sense of the original story. That'll come when there are actual examples of
Contax N1 cameras being tested.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com