Thanks, Mike.  Much appreciated.  Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Beacom" <mbea...@mac.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 6:11 AM
Subject: Re: I think I'll keep the k7 :-)

Really nice gallery-

My favorite is the couple with the dog- #6. The dog's expression is right out of a '50's ad campaign.
Good capture.

Cheers
Mike

On Aug 15, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Christine Aguila wrote:

Shooting with this camera, for me, is quite different than the K20. My rhythm is off--I'm behind, and the K7 is ahead of me. I've been working on keeping up. :-) One factor involved here is the K7's sounds are different--lens focusing and shutter etc--I can barely hear anything, which is good, but it's thrown me off a bit. Funny how you get used to the sounds of a camera. That horizon level is amazing. I certainly do A LOT less crop adjustments. I didn't use the creative filter options on the K20, but I'm having fun with the K7's filters--pretty fun, in my view. Love the fish- eye, watercolor, and toy camera filters: http://www.caguila.com/ caguila/k7play

The view finder is great, and it's easier to see through. I'm not shooting with the battery grip because I haven't purchased it. A part of me would like the vertical buttons, but I have to say, it's been so much fun shooting with a really light camera. That K20 is a tank, especially with battery grip.

Moving through a crowd with the K7 is fun. It's so quiet. I can get closer, and I'm quieter. Of course, if you get noticed, you get noticed, but if you don't and take a picture folks aren't going to hear much. I worry a lot less about exposure due to the K7's improved exposure accuracy, and find I'm not chimping as much-- though I do some--but still this is quite liberating. Post- processing seems quicker--less cropping adjustments et al.

If the rumor is true that a K5 is coming, it's going to be really interesting to see what the improvements are.

So, I think I'll keep K7. I know I'm singing to the choir here, but I just wanted to get my say in :-).
http://www.caguila.com/caguila/korean2010

More testing and play here.  Comments welcome.  Cheers, Christine
P.S. I know there are two color pictures in this black and white gallery, but I just couldn't get rid of the playful purple. :-)