I don't know about the FAJ 18-35, but I was in the same position as you
and went for the Samyang manual focus 19-35. I got the Phoenix-branded
one, but it comes in many guises. I didn't use it for a long time
because I really didn't have confidence in it, but I pulled it out the
other day and thought it did pretty well. Much better than I expected.

I used it on my ME Super with black and white film. Unfortunately, I
haven't scanned any of the negatives or prints, so I can't show an
example. I believe there is an auto-focus version, but I have read it
is not as good.

Funnily enough, just today I was looking at the FA 20-35 on the Keh
website. I would really like to have that lens, but for me it is a
film-specific lens and I don't use film enough to justify the cost to
myself. I don't regret the Samyang but the 20-35 has a good reputation.

Anyway, I know that I'm not answering the question you asked, but I
hope it helps anyway.

Ira

--
Ira Bryant