On 8/21/2010 7:36 AM, frank theriault wrote:
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 8:34 PM, P. J. Alling
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com>  wrote:
  I've been doing a few new conversions on some old images.  I took this with
my *ist-D not long after it arrived.  I also posted it as a PESO back then.
  I think this is a better conversion.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1604247/PESO/PESO%20--%20%20circularwaterfall.html

Equipment:  Pentax *ist-D w/Vermar 12mm fisheye.

Notes:  This is thought to be a Sigma lens, by those in the know, sold under
a lot of different brand names from the late 60's though early 80's.  A
strange focal length for a Fish Eye, neither full frame or circular, it
becomes a full frame on an APS-C sensor.  Almost prescient.

As usual comments are welcome but may be totally ignored.
Cool shot.

cheers,
frank

Yea, second time I shot that, it was better on film with the Pentax 17mm f4.0, but if you don't expect perfection, (and who would), the old 12mm makes some pretty cool images. Unfortunatly some of the black flocking paint has detached and is floating around between some A bit of dust is nothing, this is huge. It's actually visible in photographs. I've been trying to figure out how to disassemble the lens to the extent that it could be cleaned out but the damned thing seems to be welded shut. It really isn't worth having it done by a professional.

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."