Robert Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Mark Roberts wrote:

>> Anyone tried Netscape 6.2? I've downloaded it but haven't installed it. Sounds
>> like I should stick with 4.6, which is what I'm running now.
>
>Works fine. 6.0 was a crappy, buggy release, as are most x.0 releases of
>anything seem to be these days. NS is now up to 6.2.1 has taken care of
>most of those teething problems.
>
>But -- some web sites simply will not work with it. (My bank, for
>example.) However, some other web sites will no longer work with 4.x. (I
>have run into that problem at a couple I visit from time to time.) Don't
>ask me why -- I suspect a plot by another software outfit, but that may
>just be paranoia. :)
>
>You may want to do what I have done -- keep both. They do  not interfere
>with each other as long as you install them in different directories.

Thanks. That's what I was planning on doing. I use MSIE almost all the time
because I really like the security zones; I can make sure JavaScript only runs
on the very few sites that really need it and that I trust, for example. I just
would like to have the latest Netscape for checking my own pages for
compatibility.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com