That is why I keep mine in lie-down knife racks on the kitchen hood.
gotta cover them up though to keep the cooking vapors out that
inevitably get missed by the extractor. Those things are always the
worst possible compromise between noise and efficiency. They usually
look as good and hum as loud as a jet on take-off but any vacuum
cleaner bolted to the wall would do a better job...
Cheers
Ecke