On 8/26/2010 3:48 PM, Bob W wrote:
yesterday, I brought up an image on the screen and handed the camera to
someone else to view.  From their puzzled look, something was wrong.
Looking again at the screen, it was covered in vertical lines, of varying
thickness, of pastel (at least, no vivid) colours, interspersed with
dashed
black lines one or two pixels thick.

More worryingly, none of the buttons elicited a response, even the on/off
switch.

Just as I was beginning to seriously panic, the off switch worked (not
immediately - it was left in the off position and finally worked after
about
three seconds) and everything returned to normal.

No recurrence.  So far.

I feel the on/off switch on this particular specimen is likely to give
trouble in
the future, due to the feel of it compared to all the others I have
fondled.
Apart from that, I can think of no reason for what occured.  Anyone else
have
an idea?
you were probably kidnapped by aliens and subjected to a range of
unspeakable breeding experiments before your memory was wiped.

Which may very well be true, but it doesn't explain the cameras behavior.

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."