From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Paul
Sorenson
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 2:54 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: metering question

  I'll throw one more suggestion into the mix - especially since there's
such a wide dynamic range between the highlights and shadows.  Consider
getting and learning to use an incident meter.  Minolta, Gossen, Pentax,
Sekonic are usually considered the standards.  I have a cheapy
(relatively speaking) Shepherd Polaris and have found it to be quite
accurate.  It will do incident and reflected light as well as flash and
multiple flash measurements.  If you meter the highlights and shadows
accurately to determine range of exposure you can shoot manual and
adjust your exposure for highlights, shadows or somewhere in between.

http://www.adorama.com/SBP.html

-p

On 8/28/2010 10:13 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:
> I'm going to plung into this project for the next year. I want to
> photograph people under the el tracks downtown.
>
> I would like to know how folks might meter for this project.
>
> The 1st 3 photos were taken with the K20D last year, and from the sax
> player on those photos were taken with the K7 this year.  All photos
> were at ISO 1600 except the sax player, which was 800.  You can see
> I've some challanges with light and shadow.
>
> All 7 photos here are *as shot* except for correction to level
> allignment for the K20D shots.
>
> http://www.caguila.com/caguila/trackstest
>
> Big thanks, Christine

> 08/28/10 01:34:00