I was idling around in the back your in the area of my wife's West vegetable
garden (yes, there is an East) when I noticed this plant.
I, obviously, liked the structure of it and went for some equipment.
I knew I had to isolate it from some dead ground cover and give it a
background. I eliminated the dead stuff at the bottom by cropping it off in the
viewfinder. Shot this a f/2.8 but still got a somewhat busy cucumber
background. I blurred and darkened it, and reduced the "spotty" look.
I asked my wife what it was and she said "they're chives that should have been
picked prior to reaching this stage."
Light thing in the lower left corner is stepping stone paver which I left as an
offset to the mums (?) on the right.
Thought it about time I offered "something."

Jack

Comments welcome, of course.

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=527

K20, f/2.8, 1/4000, ISO 400, da50~...@123mm, hand held