From: "Dario Bonazza"
Rick Womer wrote:

> Mis,
> I agree with you entirely, with one caveat:  The K10D has
> a problem with VPN (vertical pattern noise), which often
> screwed up nocturnal landscape shots.  Sometimes I
> could make it go away with LR, but sometimes not.
That was dubbed "the Italian flag syndrome" over here, as it looks like an
Italian flag superimposed filter.

Googled "Vertical Pattern Noise Pentax K10D" and lo & behold ... yeah, that's what I saw that made ISO 1600 un-usable on mine.

It was even there at ISO 800, but not so much. Never a problem at ISO 400 and below.

So, is there any special post processing noise reduction trick that can overcome this? Maybe I could make the high ISO usable if I could remove the noise.