On 30 August 2010 20:55, David Parsons <parsons.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My very first Red Tailed Hawk shots. They aren't the sharpest, and a
> little blurry, but I was working quickly to get some shots before he
> decided to fly off (and he flew off right after the second picture.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/alohadave/4942134355/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/alohadave/4942723408/

Looks fine to me, Dave! Those Boston redtails are pretty tame; I once
came upon one that had landed on a traffic light and I was able to
photograph it for 15 minutes, until I got bored and walked off (I was
on my way to work, after all). Sadly, it was an overcast day so the
photos are of a hawk looking bored on a traffic light with a white sky
in the background. I would've killed for it to be on a tree!  :-)

I was once walking through Harvard Yard and there was a hawk on the
ground in a standoff with a squirrel...and I didn't have a camera.

Then there was the time a hawk had an injured squirrel at its mercy
and I only had my crappy BlackBerry camera...

http://enticingthelight.com/2009/06/24/bird-photography-with-a-camera-phone/

I think redtail hawks are just big photographer teasers.

  --M.
--

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

    http://EnticingTheLight.com