I always heard "plywood palace", but as mentioned I lived 50 miles
away.  I suppose we in Fall River were still impressed with its
grandeur, plywood and all.  We used to make yearly trips for either
the Freedom trail or the Science Museum and I always liked looking at
the tower with all the plywood.  The funny part is that this debacle
is a rather positive memory for me.  BTW, I had a friend who became a
corporate lawyer and got involved with the law suits associated with
the Hancock tower.  This case essentially consumed his entire career.

--
Steve Desjardins