> > Thanks, yes, I like it for that reason but only as an occasional
> > thing. I have to find a solution for my Leica commuting requirement.
>
> Is the Leica emblem an absolute requisite? Seriously I would check out an
old
> s90 or the new s95, their pocket-ability to image Q ratio seems just about
> right. I think you are correct in your theory, I've noticed it when using
my
> finder-less P&S, that people don't tend to seem to react as though you're
> stealing their souls as you snap off a shot ;-)

No, it isn't, but strangely enough the Leica solution may be the cheapest.
Who'd have thought it? Those Elmars are mighty cheap compared to a new
high-end p&s or micro-4/3s.

Since seeing your shots and comments about the S90 I've been searching the
web for a Pentax S90 since I value your opinion about these things greatly.
I was disappointed not to find one, so I will have a look into the Canon S90
instead. Problem is that I don't like peering at the screen to take
pictures. Mainly because my arms aren't long enough any more so I have to
fanny around with reading glasses, but also because that sort of camera
tends to have too much shutter lag, or too much viewfinder lag.

The other options I'm mulling over are the Lumix GF-1 with the 20mm lens,
but that doesn't have many benefits in terms of size over the Leica; the
Lumix LX3 or LX5 - great size, and may be useful with an accessory finder,
and the Canon G11 or 10, but the viewfinder is terribly squinty.

Does the S90 / S95 shoot raw?

Bob