On 2010-09-09 8:02, Walter Gilbert wrote:
  Well, now ... this is infuriating.  I've got less than 4,000 shutter
actuations on my K-x and they're already enticing me with faster
focusing, 6 fps, and AF points (which I was pretty "meh" about, until
now) on the K-r.

Maybe I'll just hold off save up for the K-5 and keep the K-x as backup.

Now that the bodies have gone digital, for the next few years we're on the same treadmill that the personal computer industry was on for the first few years: as soon as you actually buy something, it's "obsoleted" by a new product introduction. This will continue until the technology matures a bit. So, like with computers then, you just have to pick a good price-capability point, drive a stake in the sand, and quit looking at the new product introductions for a while. :-)

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)