Does anyone know if any work has been done on upgrading the sensors in the
new bodies to avoid noise? Like seriously, if I didn't have noise reduction in LR these days, I'd be trashing a LOT of my stuff - something I never had
to do with the *istD.

There's really no point in asking this question right now. They've only just announced the cameras, no one's gotten their hands on them, much less tested them. Hell, the K5 isn't even official yet.

In any case, it seems to me that pretty much every camera since the *istD has improved upon noise (except my particular K10D, before the sensor was replaced). The noise my old *istD produced was horrible compared to what I've seen from later models. It's a pretty safe bet the K-r and K5 will also improve in this area, but the truth remains to be seen. Patience, all will be revealed in due time.

John

--
http://www.jacelio.com
http://www.cafepress.com/jacelio