On Sep 11, 2010, at 10:09 AM, P. J. Alling wrote:

On 9/11/2010 10:00 AM, P N Stenquist wrote:

On Sep 11, 2010, at 9:45 AM, Ralf R. Radermacher wrote:

Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

So I did. Paid 1300 for a K-7, last summer. With some luck I might be able to get 600 for it now, on ebay. The K-5 is rumored to be at around
1600.

Spent the last months doing a lot of audio and scanning old analog work from better days while the K-7 sits in a cupboard. So much for "takes
your chances...".

I took my chances with the K7, and it produced thousands of photos, many of which brought in a substantial amount of money. It was a good investment, and it will now make a good backup. I'm happy to get rid of the K20 as a backup, because in shooting situations where there's little time to fool with exposure, the K20 didn't get the job done. The K7, on the other hand, is totally reliable in regard to exposure and far better in autofocus mode.
Paul

Paul, you and Ralf do totally different kinds of photography.

I realize that Peter, but the K7 gets a bad rap from posts like that, and I have to protect my resale value for next year when the K3 becomes available:-).
Paul

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com

"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy."
    -Woody Allen