Thanks very much, Frank! The DOF was actually a pleasant surprised for me.

-- Walt

On 9/12/2010 5:12 PM, frank theriault wrote:
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Walter Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>  wrote:
  There were several of these little guys hanging out on the chain-link fence
at the drag strip yesterday afternoon.  This shot made me really wish I had
a nice macro lens.  Alas, it was shot with my 18-55mm kit lens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4983846838/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4983846838/lightbox/

K-x, DAL 18-55mm, ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/320, aperture priority

Comments, critiques, and dirty jokes encouraged.
Great light, colours and dof.  Beautiful shot.

cheers,
frank