On 9/12/2010 9:49 PM, frank theriault wrote:
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 8:09 AM, David J Brooks<pentko...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I hear burning is cancelled, but pillaging is still a go.
No, no, no, Dave.  You're thinking of the Godless Hoards from the
East, the Mongols and the Turks.

Okay, I guess the Crusaders did a bit of that, too, and they clearly
weren't godless, but they were only doing it for the good of those
they freed from the clutches of the Moors.  They didn't pillage so
much as liberate treasures and keep them safe in the Holy Roman Empire
for a while.

But I digress...

Pirates don't pillage.  They keelhaul.  They make you walk the plank.
They loot, burn and sink.  They drink lots of rum then get into
fights.  They mutiny.

But they don't pillage.

Having been a consultant, (the closest thing to a Pirate with out a cutlass), I'd say you don;t know your pirates.

cheers,
frank

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."