On 9/13/2010 7:02 PM, Steven Desjardins wrote:
I've never really used an M lens on a Pentax digital, but I'm thinking
about buying one.  I know the green button trick, but how well does it
actually work?  Metering OK and all that?

My *istD was pretty reliable with green button. But when I got K 50/1.2 for my K10D the exposure was all over the place. I replaced the lens with A 50/1.2, got rid of my other K and M lenses and resolved not to use any glass without KA-mount contacts.

I believe that if you take your A, FA, FA J, DFA, DA, DA-L (<-- pun intended), etc lenses off A aperture setting and try to use them with the green button, you would get a simulation of sorts of what would happen if you were to mount a K or M lens on your camera...

Boris