Vuescan does multiscan as well.

Cheap scans are almost always garbage. A half-decent dedicated 35mm
scanner or a decent flatbed (for MF) will produce greatly superior
scans for not too much money.

My Minolta Scan Dual IV ($250 on eBay) and Epson 4870 (couple
generation old high-end flatbed) produce excellent results with not
too much difficulty.

With film, you either have to pay through the nose for good scans or
do them yourself. The second option is cheaper but time consuming.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca