On 9/18/2010 12:43 AM, Miserere wrote:
Funny you should bring this up, Boris, as for the past 4-6 weeks I've
been thinking of buying a Bessa R3A + Voigtlander 40mm f/1.4. I'm not
crazy about film, but I'm wanting to shoot something simple for street
stuff. The above combo can be purchased for under $1k new in the US,
although I'd buy it used. This would be in lieu of a MILC if nothing
takes my fancy at Photokina.

   --M.

Oh, well, independently of you another, even a bit more extreme idea crossed my mind. Buy Bessa R3M and 40/1.4 or 35/1.7 and shoot with it for the whole year. Exceptions will happen but I have a feeling I might need to take a rest from the digital world :-).

/Had to google up 'in lieu'...'/

Boris