I'm talking old school here. One of the reasons that Tilt isn't so important is because of the increased DOF inherent at any f stop when using a small sensor/film area vs a large. Focus stacking was not an available option to anyone before the digital age. It's /still/ easier to achieve if you do it in the Camera even today. Both focus stacking and small apertures for DOF assume a static subject, so I see no particular advantage, except for diffraction effects, which are also correctable with software. So really either way we're talking about a highly manipulated image.