P N Stenquist wrote:

On Sep 20, 2010, at 3:34 PM, John Francis wrote:

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 01:53:24PM -0400, paul stenquist wrote:

On Sep 20, 2010, at 1:09 PM, mike wilson wrote:

P N Stenquist wrote:

I'm engaged in some deep research on new engine designs. You'd be surprised to learn who the laggards are.

Easy. Anyone designing a propulsive system that has anything other than neat hydrogen in its fuel tank.

That would be everyone. No hydrogen filling stations out there yet.
Paul

Oh yes there are!

Not many, admittedly.
But at the last count there were over 40 in California.
Heck, you've even got two in Illinois - one in Chicago (for the CTA buses),
and a publicly-accessible one in Des Plaines.

Hydrogen may eventually be the fuel of choice, but it's still on the horizon. I'm working on next-year stuff.
Paul

Hardly "deep" or "new", then.