The Sony is much less capable than the Panasonic, but you can actually
buy the Sony. It's essentially a NEX-5 in a camcorder body with more
control over video and no RAW option for stills.

The Panasonic is essentially going to be a GH2 in a camcorder body,
likely with more video control and pro-grade audio inputs. It's also
going to be $5k instead of the Sony's $2k (with lens)

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca