Very well said, Steve. I buy Pentax (a "working man's camera") knowing going in
that it's in the "budget" category. Maybe I'm programed to accept more problems
than I might experience with the competition, but over these many years feel
I've gotten away with better service than was expected either by me or Pentax.
I figure I'm ahead based on lens performance alone.
Suppose, given enough "extra" time, I'll be relating a sad equipment experience
of my own.
Selecting Pentax back then was one happy accident.

Yes, Pollyanna is doing fine. ;)

Jack