Tanya Love wrote:

This is an interesting line of conversation for me, as I NEVER use anything BUT the centre focus point. I am in such a habit of positioning that point
on whatever I want in focus and half-pressing to lock it, then moving the
camera to recompose the shot, I find it clumsy and time-consuming to play
with focus points.  Especially, when I am shooting fast moving kids, it is
so intuitive to me now, to do as I just mentioned and I just don't even
think about it anymore.

Would I benefit, do you think from changing this habit and selecting
individual focus points? Is there a way of doing this quickly, and without
lots of button pressing?

The K20D was so good at it, as it only needed to press the unmistakable '4-way ring' while looking through the viewfinder. The K-7 is a lot worse, as you have to find the proper arrow button (no longer a ring, unfortunately) and you risk to press the evil LV button instead. It happens to me about 50% of the times, thus resulting in the Live View screen flashing in your eye, while the viewfinder blacks-out! I find this the most annoying step back of the K-7 upon the K10D/K20D series. I've asked Pentax to update the K-7/K-5 firmware so that the LV button can be disabled, while re-assigning the LV function to the trash button, which has no use while shooting. To no avail, of course!

Dario