I just looked it up in Gerjan's book - the number he gives is 603,885,
but the figure isn't broken down between chrome and black.

BTW, I've got a black one and I once thought about selling it ... but
it's still here <g>.  It's nicely brassed, and mechanically perfect, and
it sure gives a lot of pleasure those times that I use it, especially
with the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar lenses. It's later edition from what
I understand is the earlier batch, with a SN over 4,910,000.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]