So I finally got to sit and have a deep look into this month's gallery. I've
got something from the upper shelf in the store to stand up for the PUG but
it didn't work out - the pictures suprised me with the quality again.

I like a lot of stuff from this month and this are some that worked the best
for me at this moment:

- " BristleCone Pine " by  Bruce Dayton - You got me interested in those
pines, too. Very well lited with enough of sharpness behind to recognize the
background. Very good use of DOF :-)

- " The view from a chess board. " by  Byron Butler - great perspective!
Seems like you've pushed this lens' DOF to its limits. If not for the
commentary I might ask the same question as your co-workers did.

- " Green Zen " by  Flavio Minelli - a quote from you: "This picture
inspires calm and meditation, just like those japanese gardens." - true,
true! (and I'm not saying this because of the beverage). Great pic!

- " Leaf " by  Ed Keeney - a very nice one, a little abstract image. Except
for very well blurred background I enjoyed the colors that bring all the
positive feelings I have when thinking of autumn.

- " Peachy " by  Steve Larson - very tasty one.

So it seems I preffered shallow depth of field for this theme. Don't know
why...

And then there is a special word of appreciation for having shalow and deep
DOF in one shot:
- " Macro-wide angle " by  Dan Scott -
very nice trick.

Greetings