Well, I finally went ahead and imported my modest collection of images into
Lightroom. No hitch as far as I can tell so far. I have encountered problems
with ridiculously basic operations, but I'm making do, and will hold off
pestering you till I'm absolutely stumped, not finding solutions in the help
function, tutorials, etc., or have something that's at least a bit more
deserving of your attention. I do appreciate your generosity -- and your
patience -- with me so far.

Sincerely,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA