John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Not sturdy enough. You'll end up spending more later to get a GOOD
> tripod. Better to apply your limited funds to that task the first time
> around.

Is there anyone around here who is still using his first tripod? How
many times have we all been told that there is no such thing as a cheap
*and* decent tripod? Has it ever kept anyone of us from buying all this
worthless crap?

Let me try this: get a second-hand cheap tripod. You'll want to get rid
of it soon enough anyhow and you'll cut your losses.

One more tip: there's also lots of expensive crap, e.g. stay away from
everything with tubular legs and the name Manfrotto written on it.

Ra-Berlebach-lf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com