On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:12 AM, P. J. Alling
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I've been tempted by this lens in the past, but the institutional wisdom of
> the list leans against it, according to Stan Halpin's page at least.
>
> http://stans-photography.info/LongComments.html#135%20mm%20f/2.8%20A

I think I have used all of the 135's Pentax could dish out (except for
the *s which I could not afford) including the non-SMC Takumars (both
the 2.5 and 2.8 versions).  They are surprisingly sharp although with
a real bad propensity to flare.  At the end of the day, I still have
the...

SMC Pentax K 135/2.5
SMC Takumar 135/2.5 (M42)
SMC Pentax A 135/2.8

My favorite is still the K version.  About the A version, comments in
Stan's page is spot on, but it was the lens I had with me when I took
this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bongmanayon/2695572641/

Note, if you get curious enough to view the EXIF data, it would say
70mm, but that was because I switched from an A35-70/4 and forgot to
change the SR setting...

Bong
--
Bong Manayon