On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> And here's a great shareware program for writing and editing HTML:
>
> http://www.studioware.com/

There's a really excellent text editor available at
http://www.textpad.com.  It supports 'syntax highlighting', which means
that it can understand certain file formats and colour various words
differently.  The setting for HTML has the control codes and tags in
different colours and quoted text in different colours, so that it's
really obvious when you forget to close a quote.

You can also download little 'clip libraries' of standard phrases, which
in the HTML library include the standard tags.  i.e., if you double-click
on 'Text Link' with some highlighted text, it inserts <a href="">your
highlighted text</a> and all you have to do it type in the link.

There are clip libraries and syntax highlighing for all sorts of
programming languages as well, and you can even roll your own.  At one
stage, I used to have a 'fast text file' highlighter which would let me
whiz through a text file looking for my key words, which would be
highlighted in red.

It also allows you to search and replace over more than one file, write
macros, view your files in any program (including web browsers), and a
myriad of other features.

It's about $30 (US bucks) if you choose to buy it, I think.  I didn't, but
only because I started running my own webserver under linux and I just use
vi, instead.

http://www.textpad.com.  Go there, it's damn good.

dave
--
dave o'brien - http://www.diaspoir.net
Liberty don't work as good in practice as it does in speeches.