G'day all

Thanks to all who looked/commented.  Much appreciated.

Some specific responses.....

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:20 -0400, "David J Brooks" <pentko...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Very dramatic shot. The gull make it.;-)

It's surprising how such a small component of an image can make such a
difference.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:17 -0400, "Daniel J. Matyola"
<danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but a  cormorant would have been better.  <G>

You want a cormorant?

You have but to ask....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/lonesome-shag.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 06:58 -0500, "Bob Sullivan" <rf.sulli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Very nice image.
> The low wall makes a very nice lead from the beach into the storm on
> the horizon.
> I don't think the iridescence of the water realy shows thru - maybe
> its my laptop.

Perhaps "iridescence' wasn't the right adjective, but the water had a
pale blue colour that was quite unusual combined with the dramatic sky.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 06:53 -0700, "Jack Davis" <jdavi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Really nice composition. Would probably have tried cleaning up the beach.
> Debris sort of breaks the sweep of, otherwise, pleasing lines.

Yes, agreed. I considered doing some tidying up but decided I wouldn't
be able to do a good enough job.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:04 -0700, "Bruce Dayton"
<bkday...@daytonphoto.com> wrote:
> Well to get a shot like that is worth getting a little wet.  Seems that
> bad weather makes for more interesting pictures.

Thanks, Bruce.  It was more like 'drenched' than a 'little wet', but I
dried out soon enough :-)>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:44 -0400, "frank theriault"
<knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Those clouds are ~amazing~!!  Wonderful composition, terrific photo,
> and yes, the title is most appropriate.
>
> All in all, a real winner!

Thanks, Frank.  The clouds were a bit scary as well as amazing.
Particularly when the lightning started and we were heading towards
them....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:54 -0400, "Steven Desjardins" <drd1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I like this very much.  A very dramatic world and one little bird.

All of the sensible ones had taken cover.  I think this one was
expecting a handout...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 07:11 +1100, "Derby Chang" <der...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> I like the title too. Beautiful shot.

Sometimes I struggle with image titles but this one just popped straight
into my head....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:35 -0500, "Charles Robinson" <charl...@visi.com>
wrote:

> Beautiful!  Forget the gull, the colors here are just great.  The ominous
> dark sky contrasted with the sun-kissed sand.  Perfect.

Thanks, Charles. To be honest, I didn't really notice the gull when I
framed the shot but I think it adds a bit more interest to the shot.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia