Like so many here have mentioned, while stationed  overseas in the 60's I
bought
a Minolta SRT-101 Kit from somewhere in Asia and those lenses also had the

JCII stickers on them.

Jerry

<<2010/10/20 John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>:

> Gold? Silver?
>
> I remember the stickers, but don't remember if they were gold or silver or
> either/both.
>
> I do remember someone telling me some quasi-governmental agency inspected
> every lens exported from Japan to insure it met quality standards.

Gold. I still have lots of them.

from photonotes.com:

Gold oval-shaped stickers reading PASSED and JCII indicate that the
camera has passed quality control inspections by the JCII (Japan
Camera Industry Institute).

This practice of applying the JCII stickers seems to have stopped at
some point in the late 1980s. Gold stickers merely reading PASSED are
probably just slapped on by the manufacturer to make you feel good
since they do not indicate inspection by any reputable third party.>>